How do you expect to start your day? Energetic and refreshing, isn’t it. But, “Nothing like a massive breakfast to start the day off right.” Of course, but it should not be the same like – a french toast, a bowl of cereals, and a glass of milk. Instead, make your morning different with our healthy vegan breakfast recipes.
Savour Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Although the first meal of the day should be delicious, and delicious not always mean sweet, it could be savoury too. Plus, the savoury meals help you stabilize the blood sugar especially if you munch on sweets throughout the day.
At least, keep your morning meals different. Here are some savour breakfast recipes to start your day with.
# 1. Avocado Tofu Toast
Recipe Author: Rachel Chew from Radiantrachels.com
- Tofu- sliced and firm
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Turmeric- a pinch
- Salt & Pepper- as per taste
- Avocado -1
- Cover each piece of tofu with salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Fry each slice on medium-high heat in olive oil.
- Take the shallow fried tofu on the plate and place avocadoes to assemble.
- Enjoy your vegan tofu avocado toast.
#2. Lentil Avocado Toast
Recipe Author- Richa from veganricha.com
Lentils are great for lunch and dinner, it’s good for breakfast too. So, grab all the ingredients and make the lentil avocado toast.
- Sprouted lentils- 1/2 cup
- Onion- 1/4 cup chopped
- Ginger- 2 tsp
- Garlic powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- Black pepper and salt- To taste
- Bread slices- 3-4
- Avocados- 2 mashed
- Sesame seeds- 1 tbsp
- For garnishing- lemon wedges
- Heat the pan, add oil and onion. Saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger and then again cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle all the spices ad tomato.
- Once the tomatoes are done, add lentils and cover the pan
- Let the lentils cook for only 2-3 minutes and then switch off the heat
- Make a layer of mashed avocado on each slice of bread. Spread the lentils over it and add onions, sesame seeds, pepper, and lemon
#3. Vegan Breakfast Burrito
Recipe Author: Marina Delio from yummymummykitchen.com
High-protein breakfast will keep you full till the lunch. But, you should not always rely on protein-smoothies or shakes, try the breakfast burritos as well.
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Diced potatoes- 3/4 cup
- Tofu- 3/4 cup crumbled
- Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder- 1/4 tsp
- Sea salt- 1/4 tsp
- Yeast- 1 tbsp
- Unsweetened milk- 2 tbsp
- Tortilla- 1 large
- Avocado- 1/4
- Spinach- 1/3 cup
- Roast the potatoes first in olive oil. Season with pepper and salt and cook until soft.
- Take out the potatoes and now add more oil, crumbled tofu, garlic, yeast, and salt. After 3 minutes, add milk and then cook for one more minute.
- Tofu and potatoes are done. It’s time to prepare the burrito wraps. Place a spoonful of tofu, avocado, spinach, and potatoes on each burrito.
- Roll it well and grill until it becomes a bit crunchy. Serve with salsa or dip of your choice.
These healthy vegan breakfast recipes are a good way to start your day right. After all, “All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast” but don’t forget the health and try these recipes.
Happy Morning, Healthy Morning!