Back pain is a burning problem of today. There is hardly anyone in the modern era’s apocalypse who has not suffered from this problem. Usually, back pain is normal and short duration. But most of the people are those who have to seek medical attention due to prolonged and intense pain.
Back pain caused due to some special reasons is so severe and complicated that for a long time and millions of rupees are needed to spend in its diagnosis and treatment. Many patients have to hold the bed and many have to leave their occupation (job, work) as well.
Back pain can occur at any age for both men and women. Back pain is mainly found in people between 35 and 60 years of age. Its risk also increases with ageing.
How Does Back Pain Occur?
Back pain can range from simple discomfort to very fast. Many times, the patient may experience slow, moderate or extremely sharp pain in any position or position such as getting up, walking, turning, bending, lying straight.
It will be difficult to change the position. Relaxation when one or more of the above positions change to pain. Such as- There is a pain in lying or standing and it is okay to sit etc.
Due to the above conditions, the daily activities of the patient are interrupted, sometimes the patient is unable to sleep for several days. Or patients often have problems with defecation and urination.
In the absence of timely treatment or due to ignoring, many times this pain reaches from the neck to the hands and from the waist to the feet. In addition to pain in hands and feet, tingling and strength of hands and feet may be reduced. Such patients require immediate treatment.
Back pain has the following symptoms:
- Muscle aches
- Rapid pain
- Pain similar to injury pain
- Numbness in extremities
- Tingling in hands and feet
- Reduced elasticity of waist, back and neck
- Waist stiffness etc.
What causes back pain?
There can be many reasons for back pain. When back pain occurs suddenly and is cured within about a month, it is acute back pain that is triggered by falling, bruising, or lifting the weight incorrectly. The back pain does not heal in more than three months is chronic back pain and occur due to some serious reason.
Following are the various causes of back pain.
The biggest reason for back pain is the way we used to get up.
- Like bending
- Long sitting
- Tilting the neck on the computer
- Lifting weights excessively and incorrectly
- Sleeping on a very soft mattress. Sleeping on a high pillow
- Work for long hours, etc.
- getting hurt
- muscle stiffness
- hamstring strain
- Slip disc etc.
Diseases and osteoporosis:
- Osteoporosis and vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- Weakness in bones also comes due to the closure of menstruation in women.
- Congenital bone curvature
- Bone infections
- Cancer of the spine, etc.
The growth of bones stops with age, due to weakening of bone metabolism, the bones start to weaken and backbone pain starts due to wear and tear of the spine, which increases with age.
Lack of exercise:
In the absence of exercise, the elasticity of bones and muscles is reduced and both start becoming weak. These are also effective causes of back pain.
Obesity causes additional burden and stress on the spine as well as stretching of the muscles associated with the spine that causes back pain.
By improving working methods and posters, we can prevent common back pain. It has the following solutions.
- Improve the way we work
For this, with the help of the following pictures, understand how to sit, how to sit while driving a car, how to lift weights, how to sleep etc. The right way to work and sit in a chair:
The right way to work in a chair-
While sitting in the office or while running the computer, sit on any comfortable chair, if possible, put a pillow behind the waist for support. While sitting, keep the soles of your feet fully on the ground or feet on the ground. Keep the waist and back completely straight. Do not sit by bending the neck forward.
If the back of your chair is up to the height of your neck, it is good. While getting up, bend forward and get up with emphasis on the feet. Even if your job is to sit in a chair all day long.
Do not sit for more than 25 minutes. For this, you can stand for 1-2 minutes or walk a little and then sit. Keep the computer screen at a height so that you do not have to bend the neck. Do not lie down and use the laptop.
The right way to get on the driving seat while driving a car
While driving the car, sitting on the driving seat just behind the waist with back support (pillow) etc. Keep the seat close to the steering, so that the seat is so close to the steering that your knees are at least 100-120 degrees bent.
This will create the correct position of your waist, back and neck. Do not drive the car for a long time.
The right way to stand
The shoulder should be straight and chest tight with equal weight on both legs. If you have to stand for a long time, keep changing positions. For this, by placing one foot on the stool or box, give that foot equal rest and keep changing in this way.
Keep in mind the following things while lifting weights-
- Do not lift heavy weights, usually 12-14 kg. Do not lift more than this.
- If you have to lift a heavyweight which is below your waist, keep your waist straight and lift the object by bending the legs from the knees and hips, pushing the object on the feet.
- Do not lift with jerks while lifting heavy objects.
- After lifting the weight, keep the abdominal muscles tight, keep the object close to the body and move slowly.
- To keep the weighted goods down, keep the feet bending from the knees while pushing the feet. Like you did when picking up.
The right way to sleep
- Your bed should be tight so that it does not bend over the middle of the bed and the mattress should not be too soft. Do not keep a very high pillow under the head while sleeping directly.
- Do not bend your knees too much while sleeping.
- While sleeping on the side, bend your knees slightly, do not keep it straight.
- Do not sleep in reverse or on the stomach (face down).
2) Take care to avoid accidental reasons. Like- Avoid falling, injuries etc.
3) Do regular exercise under the guidance of a medical or physiotherapist, which will increase the flexibility and strength in bones and muscles like swimming etc.
4) Losing weight also brings relief to many types of back pain.
5) Due to old age and menstrual period in women, bones do not get nutrition, so take vitamin D and calcium. For calcium, take a regular intake of milk, curd etc. or you can also take calcium tablets, 20-30 daily.
Many patients initially ignore the problem of simple back pain. In doing so, gradually the pain becomes severe and complicated with ageing. Which has to be treated appropriately. Also, the pain caused by some diseases can also be cured by proper consultation and treatment.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Your doctor can do the following tests to find out the exact cause of your back pain.
- Blood test
- (X-ray) x-ray
- CT Scan, MRI, stomach
- Scan, bone scan etc. Nerve check, Ultra Sound, Doppler etc.
With the help of the above five, your doctor finds out the cause and cures the problem. For this, you should follow the advice of your doctor. In this, along with the medicines given by the doctor, you should also improve your posture, exercise etc.
Your doctor may keep you under physiotherapist for a few months.
The waist is the base pillar of your body, keep it safe and be happy.
This article has been taken by Madhumehvani.